Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Fight Scene's


One of the most difficult scenes to write in a novel is the fight scene. In Flesh, Bone, Clone (copyright©2014 Edward R. Murphy) there is a fight sequence incorporating men, women, machines and monsters. It's a pivotal scene that changes the course of the book.

When I undertake a fight scene I try to view the scene in my mind from various points of view. If someone fires a gun or hits someone it will have an effect either on the person being hit, the one doing the hitting or on someone outside the immediate POV - a bystander or other scene participant.

The thing to remember when doing a fight scene is to be sure to include dialogue. When hitting or being hit most people do make a sound. If your scene only describes action than it would be like reading a silent movie script.

A quick update on my names project: or FBC. I am about 1/3 of the way through the story and have over fifty names so far. When I'm done I'll need a quick bio on each name.

Till later keep reading

ERM

No comments:

Post a Comment